balance an egg
It is said that if you are able to balance a raw egg on its end exactly at noon on the 5th day of the 5th month (Dragon Boat Festival), the rest of the year will be lucky.
Can you balance an egg on its head ?
First.. Try it yourself. Too hard? watch the video below to get extra tips.
Still too hard? We came up with a tool to help you. See how to use it below.
tips & tricks for balancing an egg at noon
- Dragon Boat fall on the the 5th day of the 5th lunar month, which is around equinox. On this day, the earth is perfectly vertical on it's axis, so an egg can stand vertically. Give it a try!
- Let eggs warm to room temperature
- Try a few eggs, as some might work better than others
- Make sure your hands are steady
the EGG Balance tool
In your box, you’ll find a trick to help you balance an egg. Here's how to use it:
In the box
- 1 egg balancer
You also need
- A room temperature uncooked egg
- Place the egg balance tool on the table.
- Place an egg in the designated hole.
- Watch the egg stand.
- :) The real trick is to try to do it without this tool..