15 mins active 20 mins in total makes 1 serving
Poha is pounded rice and can be found in most Indian grocery stores. Follow our recipe to bring the taste of Holi to your home.
- 1 cup medium thick poha 1⁄2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 small red dry chillies
- 1⁄2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1⁄4 cup of frozen peas
- 1 tbsp oil
- Small wedge of lemon Pinch of turmeric powder Pinch of sugar
- 2 tsp fried onion flakes ( optional )
- Pinch of lime powder or citric powder
- One green chilli split in half
- Salt to taste
- Shallow pan with lid Spatula
Heat a shallow pan with the oil.
Now crackle the mustard seeds, watch them so they don’t burn.
Quickly add the red chillies, and cumin seeds.
Add the cleaned dry poha (pounded rice flakes), turmeric powder and all the ingredients one by one.
Keep roasting till the poha becomes crisp and well coated with turmeric powder.
Turn the flame down to its lowest point, add half a cup of water, stir and cover for 5-7mins.
Check that poha is soft, turn off the flame.
Fluff up the poha with fork, garnish with cilantro, lemon, green chillies and serve.