Shavu'ot feasts involve honey and dairy treats as a reminder that the Promised Land would be overflowing with milk and honey. Make this delicious soft cheese popular throughout the Middle East. Serve for breakfast, a snack, or a light dinner. Sprinkle Za'atar, olive oil, and some toasted pine nuts, and serve with crackers or pita bread! Yum...
Follow the instructions below to make your Labneh cheese overnight.
wash before the first use and after each use!
- Washed reusable cheesecloth
- 1 quart greek yogurt
- 1 tsp of salt
- Za’atar (optional)
- Toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Olive oil (optional)
- Mix 1 tsp salt into 1 quart of greek yogurt
- Cover strainer with cheesecloth and place over a bowl
- Pour yogurt mix onto the cheesecloth
- Tie the cheesecloth over a bowl overnight (at least 8 hours)
- Spread on a plate and sprinkle with Za’atar, olive oil, and toasted pine nuts